We’re looking forward to hearing about your books. The IditaREAD website will recognize those IditaREADers who write book reviews. The Trailblazer Reports, at this time, will be posted in the blog. Click on the Blog and choose from the group shown or use the search feature in the top right of the screen and type in Trailblazer.
Thank you for joining us on the trail!
WHAT IS A REPORT
- A summary of an interview that your child does with you (the parent)
- Parents are also welcome to submit reports on observations of books “read” by younger children.
- Write a report in the style of a movie review. Two thumbs up!
- Formulate a letter to the author.
If they are still alive, you may actually even mail it off!
- Write a persuasive sales pitch for others to read the story as a publicist might do in order to sell a book.
To assist with the book reporting process, convenient graphic organizers from Houghton Mifflin and Scholastic are available to help your child in their writing experience! Another resource with Education Northwest offers a rubric for evaluating writing.
HOW DOES IDEA RECOGNIZE THEIR TRAILBLAZERS?
Each region will notice or highlight their IdiaREADers who turn in a book report (via email or in person). Check with your Resource Room Coordinator, Field Rep. or Contact Teacher to find out how. The Trailblazer Reports, at this time, will be posted in the blog. Click on the Blog and choose from the group shown or use the search feature in the top right of the screen and type in Trailblazer.
To send a report from your reading race trail, please email Sally.Javier@ideafamilies.org with the subject line IditaREAD. Thank you!