IDEA has presented the IDEA Curriculum Fair for educators across Alaska since 1999. In 2020 and 2021 we pivoted to a virtual format, and this is our second year to conduct a hybrid homeschool convention. We will again use the Whova convention app as our platform for both the online and live portions. If you can attend in person, that is a far richer experience, of course, since you can see things “live” and ask questions of the many homeschool suppliers who traveled here to help you!
The in-person Fair will have live workshops, as usual. We do not have the infrastructure to stream these workshops live from the Fair. However, we will stream virtual workshops THE WEEK PRIOR TO THE FAIR (April 24-28), so those who can’t physically attend will want to be sure to mark those dates on their calendar!
Our 2023 Fair Timeline
- Mid to late April – Registration for the Fair opens.
- Mid to late April – Fair is “published” in Whova and registered attendees can start to look around.
- April 24-28 (Mon-Fri) – Virtual workshops
- May 2-3 (Tues-Wed) – Soldotna
- May 4-5 (Thurs-Fri) – Anchorage
- May 8-9 (Mon-Tues) – Fairbanks
- May 11 (Thurs) – Juneau
Click on the link above to go to the region-specific event pages for details about the facility, daily schedule, lunch options, and hotel discounts.
List of 2023 exhibitors
List of 2023 speakers
Details about fees
Keynote meal and presentation
Virtual workshop schedule
In-person workshop schedule