PR 1 & Q2 Work Samples DUEhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/pr-1-q2-work-samples-due/
Progress Report 1 and 2nd Quarter Work Samples DUE
1) Turn in complete 2nd quarter Work Samples & complete Progress Report 1 to the IDEA office on or before Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
2) If your students need to do a work sample demonstration in person at the office then make an appointment with your contact teacher to do so.
3) This is also an excellent opportunity for your students to write and submit a short paragraph about any photos you submit as their PE work samples.
4) Appointments must take place on or before Tuesday, January 15, 2019
5) Work Samples and Progress Reports must be complete
6) If you turn in your work samples and progress reports at the reception desk they will be date stamped. You can also turn them in after hours at the drop box (looks like a silver/gray mailbox) under the IDEA sign in the parking lot.
7) Please make sure your student’s first AND last name, grade and Contact Teacher are legibly listed on EACH page. We have over 950 students being served just out of our Fairbanks office so we really need this information on each page so your students can receive proper credit for their work. Thank you for helping us with this.
9) If you have questions please check with your contact teacher
10) For more ideas please go to the IDEA website or click the link below: You will need your IDEA username and password to login www.ideafamilies.org/families/sample-ideas/
IDEA office hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Phone: 374-2200 Toll free outside of Fairbanks: 1-877-582-4332
IDEA Fairbanks 2157 Van Horn Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99701
(LEGO) Robotics Recreational Team grades 4-8, 11am-12:30pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/lego-robotics-recreational-team-grades-11am-1230pm-2-3-2-2-2-2-2-3-2-2-2/
For IDEA students in grades 4-8. This team is just for fun (no competitions). You must pre-register to attend. Please email Coach Jen Schutte at firstname.lastname@example.org
Will meet Tuesdays from 11am-12:30pm at IDEA. The Oct 23 meeting will be 9-10:30am. Starts Oct 2 runs through Feb 26. Coaches are IDEA parents Jen Schutte and Mike Groves. Thanks Jen & Mike!
"BEARING messages" Workshop IDEA students grades 4-8 from 2-4pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/bearing-messages-workshop-idea-students-grades-4-8-from-2-4pm/
Science/Art/Writing workshop @ IDEA
Instructor: Mary Ekblad
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Objectives: Students look at the work of Aleut artist Alvin Amason, focusing on his whimsical bear painting called, ”Oscar scared him with his icon” housed at the UAF museum of the North. Students will learn about Alaska’s Polar Bears. They will explore the story behind the title then draw and paint their own bear. They add a written message and 3D attachments just like Amason does.
To register please email me with the following information to mailto:email@example.com or text (907) 888-0852:
- Parent first and last name
- Student first and last name
- Parent phone number
- Student grade
- Anything else you would like us to know or any questions you may have.
Chess Club for all IDEA families 1:30-2:30pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/chess-club-for-all-idea-families-130-230pm-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/
Chess Club: Meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 1:30-2:30 at the IDEA office. For IDEA students of all ages and family members. This is not a drop off event except for kids in 9th grade or above. An adult must accompany students 8th grade of younger. Bring your chess board and be ready to have a fantastic time. Adults can play too! If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail the club coach IDEA parent Catrina by using the following link: (You will need your IDEA username and password) https://www.ideafamilies.org/families/region-f/?p=485 Thanks Catrina!
LEGO Robotics for grades 4-8 IDEA students from 1-3pm Thursdayshttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/lego-robotics-for-grades-4-8-idea-students-from-1230-330pm-thursdays-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/
LEGO Robotics: For ages 9-14 (grades 4-8). IDEA students only. All meetings on are Thursdays from 1-3pm at IDEA. This is a competitive team which meets from Sept thru Feb. You must be pre-registered to attend this club. This is a competitive team from Sept thru Feb. However if they go n to compete in Internationals they will continue to meet weekly through May.
Quilting Club ages 10 and up in IDEA 10:30am-12pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/quilting-club-ages-10-and-up-in-idea-1030am-12pm-3-2-2-2-2-2-2/
For IDEA students age 10 and up
No drop offs ~ a parent must attend with their student
Mandatory Parent Meeting: Friday, Sept 7 from 10-11am @ IDEA
CLUB DATES: Starting October ~ the first & third Fridays from 10:30am-12pm @ IDEA
October 5 and 19 * November 2 and 16 * December 7 and 21 * January 4 and 18 * February 1 and 15 * March 1 and 15 * Last meeting: April 19
Sewing Craft and Sack Lunch 12-2pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/sewing-craft-and-sack-lunch-12-2pm-2/
Bring a sack lunch and come enjoy a swing craft from 12-2pm with Melissa Mitchell
Music Fun Club grades 4-7 IDEA students 2:30-4pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/music-fun-club-grades-k-3-idea-students-230-4pm-2/
2 more new clubs are starting: K-3 Music Fun Club and 4-7 Music Fun Club. The volunteer coach is certified teacher and music instructor Francis Lupton with 27 ½ years teaching K-12 music in the local public schools. She has been a part of the local Performing Arts community for over 30 years. She is also an IDEA vendor. Each club is limited to 28 students. The clubs will include a wide variety of experiences: Learning the general fundamentals of music through instruments, music games, dances, songs, drama, etc. Our staff sponsor is contact teacher Kathleen Kinney. Everything will be provided.
K-3 Club will meet the 2nd Friday of the month as follows: Han 11, Feb 8 and March 8, 2019. 4-7 Club will meet the 3rd Friday of the month as follows: Jan 18, Feb 15 and March 15, 2019. Parents can stay and observe or drop and go.
To Register please send me (Sandy) firstname.lastname@example.org or text (907) 888-0852 the following information which will be shared with the coaches. Please mention which club this is for as we have several new clubs starting and we want to be sure your students are registered for the club you want.
Parent first and last name
Student first and last name
Student grade level
Parent phone number
Anything else you would like us to know