Math Club for IDEA students grades 4-8 from 10:00-11:00amhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/math-club-for-idea-students-grades-4-8-from-1000-1100am-2/
For IDEA students in grades 4-8 now! The club will meet every Monday morning at 10:00-11:00am. Last meeting will be Monday February 25, 2019. This club is for students in grades 4 thru 8. Students in grade 4 can attend if Coach Mike thinks they are ready. Coach Mike Donaldson PhD. is a wonderful Math Coach and we are honored to have him as our Club Coach. Club Fee is $30 which can be taken out of allotment Contact Teacher Kathy Mosley is the IDEA staff sponsor Kathy.email@example.com Thanks Dr. Mike and Kathy!
1st LEGO League Jr. - IDEA ages 6-9 pre-registered 12:30-2:00pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/1st-lego-league-idea-parent-meeting-1230-200pm-2-2-2-2-2-2/
1st Lego League Jr. For AGES 6-9 (IDEA students only).
What is FIRST© LEGO© League Jr.? Guided by adult Coaches and FIRST© LEGO© League Jr. Core Values, students work with LEGO© elements and motorized parts to build ideas and concepts and present them for review. The program focuses on building interest in science, technology, engineering and math (STEM) through a real-world challenge – to be solved by research, critical thinking, and imagination.
Meetings will be every Monday beginning Dec 10 and concluding April 29. The only Monday omitted will be April 1 because of state testing. Each meeting will be from 12:30-2:00pm at IDEA. You must be pre-registered to attend. For registration details please email Coach Candice. Please click the following link for her contact information (you will need your IDEA username and password to login): https://www.ideafamilies.org/families/region-f/?p=485
PAC Meeting 3:00-4:30pm2157 Van Horn Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USAhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/pac-meeting-300-430pm-2-2-2-2/2157 Van Horn Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99701, USA
PAC (Parent Advisory Committee): First meeting will be Monday, Aug 13. The PAC meets the 2nd Monday of the month from 3-4:30pm @ IDEA. This is a wonderful time to get together with other IDEA parents to talk about homeschooling issues which are important to you, ask questions, help plan activities and events for your children, and meet some really awesome folks. Whether you have been homeschooling for years or are just brand new to IDEA we welcome you. IDEA parent Jen Schutte is PAC Chairwoman. Thanks Sandy & Jen, and all our wonderful PAC officers and PAC members! Questions? Email staff advisor Sandy Blewett mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or call 456-1368 or 374-2200 Children are welcome.
PR 1 & Q2 Work Samples DUEhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/pr-1-q2-work-samples-due/
Progress Report 1 and 2nd Quarter Work Samples DUE
1) Turn in complete 2nd quarter Work Samples & complete Progress Report 1 to the IDEA office on or before Tuesday, January 15, 2019.
2) If your students need to do a work sample demonstration in person at the office then make an appointment with your contact teacher to do so.
3) This is also an excellent opportunity for your students to write and submit a short paragraph about any photos you submit as their PE work samples.
4) Appointments must take place on or before Tuesday, January 15, 2019
5) Work Samples and Progress Reports must be complete
6) If you turn in your work samples and progress reports at the reception desk they will be date stamped. You can also turn them in after hours at the drop box (looks like a silver/gray mailbox) under the IDEA sign in the parking lot.
7) Please make sure your student’s first AND last name, grade and Contact Teacher are legibly listed on EACH page. We have over 950 students being served just out of our Fairbanks office so we really need this information on each page so your students can receive proper credit for their work. Thank you for helping us with this.
9) If you have questions please check with your contact teacher
10) For more ideas please go to the IDEA website or click the link below: You will need your IDEA username and password to login www.ideafamilies.org/families/sample-ideas/
IDEA office hours: Monday – Friday 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Phone: 374-2200 Toll free outside of Fairbanks: 1-877-582-4332
IDEA Fairbanks 2157 Van Horn Rd, Fairbanks, AK 99701
(LEGO) Robotics Recreational Team grades 4-8, 11am-12:30pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/lego-robotics-recreational-team-grades-11am-1230pm-2-3-2-2-2-2-2-3-2-2-2/
For IDEA students in grades 4-8. This team is just for fun (no competitions). You must pre-register to attend. Please email Coach Jen Schutte at email@example.com
Will meet Tuesdays from 11am-12:30pm at IDEA. The Oct 23 meeting will be 9-10:30am. Starts Oct 2 runs through Feb 26. Coaches are IDEA parents Jen Schutte and Mike Groves. Thanks Jen & Mike!
"BEARING messages" Workshop IDEA students grades 4-8 from 2-4pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/bearing-messages-workshop-idea-students-grades-4-8-from-2-4pm/
Science/Art/Writing workshop @ IDEA
Instructor: Mary Ekblad
Date: Tuesday, January 15, 2019
Objectives: Students look at the work of Aleut artist Alvin Amason, focusing on his whimsical bear painting called, ”Oscar scared him with his icon” housed at the UAF museum of the North. Students will learn about Alaska’s Polar Bears. They will explore the story behind the title then draw and paint their own bear. They add a written message and 3D attachments just like Amason does.
To register please email me with the following information to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org or text (907) 888-0852:
- Parent first and last name
- Student first and last name
- Parent phone number
- Student grade
- Anything else you would like us to know or any questions you may have.
Chess Club for all IDEA families 1:30-2:30pmhttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/chess-club-for-all-idea-families-130-230pm-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/
Chess Club: Meets the 1st and 3rd Wednesdays of the month from 1:30-2:30 at the IDEA office. For IDEA students of all ages and family members. This is not a drop off event except for kids in 9th grade or above. An adult must accompany students 8th grade of younger. Bring your chess board and be ready to have a fantastic time. Adults can play too! If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail the club coach IDEA parent Catrina by using the following link: (You will need your IDEA username and password) https://www.ideafamilies.org/families/region-f/?p=485 Thanks Catrina!
LEGO Robotics for grades 4-8 IDEA students from 1-3pm Thursdayshttps://www.ideafamilies.org/events/region-f/event/lego-robotics-for-grades-4-8-idea-students-from-1230-330pm-thursdays-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2/
LEGO Robotics: For ages 9-14 (grades 4-8). IDEA students only. All meetings on are Thursdays from 1-3pm at IDEA. This is a competitive team which meets from Sept thru Feb. You must be pre-registered to attend this club. This is a competitive team from Sept thru Feb. However if they go n to compete in Internationals they will continue to meet weekly through May.