March 25, 2020
Even though things have changed, all IDEA staff are available by phone or email during business hour to support all of your homeschool needs. Please email or call us if there is anything we can do.
- Receptionists are in each of our IDEA offices ready to receive your calls, answer questions and pass along messages.
- Resource Room Coordinators/Librarians are working from our IDEA offices, helping to answer phones and mail library books and other materials. Go to http://library.ideafamilies.org/ to peruse library materials available in your region and email or call the IDEA office if you’d like materials mailed to you.
- Contact Teachers, Site Administrators and Field Reps are all working their regular hours from home and they all have IDEA phones at home. Their phone numbers are available here.
- Computer Techs are also working from home. Either send an email to email@example.com if you need computer support or call your tech directly using their contact info available here.
- Ordering/Reimbursement/Student Records staff are working from home as well. At this time you can get help with orders and reimbursements by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling them directly. Contact info for student records, ordering and reimbursements is available here.
Thank you for being an IDEA family!
March 19, 2020
In light of the most recent recommendations from state and federal agencies, IDEA offices will remain closed to foot traffic. Also, nearly all IDEA staff are now working from home. Here are things that will be helpful for you to know as we adapt to our new service model.
- We will have a small number of staff in the offices to receive mail and answer the phones. Please call the office if you need anything.
- We want to make sure that your kids have fresh reading materials. While there are a variety of online books available from various sites, subject kits and library books can be mailed to you from your regional office. Go to http://library.ideafamilies.org/ to peruse IDEA library materials available in your region. Contact your local office and speak with your Resource Room Coordinator to get details on checking out and returning materials.
- We are in the process of acquiring work cell phones for our contact teachers, computer techs and business office staff. This will allow you to contact these individuals directly during business hours to receive support. As soon as we receive and distribute these phones, we will send an email with a link to contact information on our website.
- If you need computer tech support, either send an email to email@example.com with a short description of the problem along with your preferred contact information. You can also go to https://webhelpdesk.ideafamilies.org and log in using your IDEA credentials to create a tech help ticket. Someone will call you very soon after you’re submitted either of these requests. By next week we will provide you with phone numbers to each of our computer techs.
- If you have questions about orders or reimbursements, for now, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will return your call shortly. By next week we will provide you with phone numbers to each of our business office personnel.
We are here to support you and we will keep you apprised as we continue to adapt.
Thank you for being an IDEA family!
March 16, 2020
We have sadly concluded that we must cancel the IDEA Curriculum Fair for 2020. We very much look forward to celebrating homeschooling at the Fair again in 2021! In the meantime, we are working on plans for some sort of online event during the scheduled Fair dates, so stay tuned!
Field Representative/Administrative Assistant
March 15, 2020
Dear IDEA Parents,
It seems that governmental recommendations regarding how businesses, schools and governmental offices respond to the spread of the Covid-19 virus are changing daily; sometimes hourly. In the past 24 hours, various governmental agencies in Alaska and around the nation have increased the seriousness of their warnings and lengthened the list of mandated and recommended closings. As much as it saddens us, IDEA will have to close our offices to foot traffic until at least Monday, March 30. However, staff will be at work and ready to serve you via phone or email.
Unlike the drastic instructional challenges faced by the closing of “brick and mortar” schools across Alaska and the nation, students in IDEA are well-positioned to continue their educational pursuits largely as they always have; and all departments in IDEA are ready to serve you via phone or email. Also remember the IDEA App, where you can receive tech support, email your contact teacher and upload work samples directly with just the click of a button.
This is an ever-changing situation. I appreciate your patience and understanding as we continue to stay apprised of mandates and recommendations from pertinent governmental agencies. We will provide updates as needed.