Debra Bell, Ph.D., is the best-selling author of the award-winning Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling, Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling Teens and the Ultimate Planners for moms, teens and students (Apologia Press). A former high school and college English teacher, Debra and her husband Kermit home educated their four kids K-12; all of whom are now married, degreed, and employed. Debra holds a Ph.D. in educational psychology from Temple University (Philadelphia, PA). Her research interests include homeschooling, academic motivation, interest and online learning. More information about her online classes, books, forthcoming curriculum and speaking schedule can be found at DebraBell.com.
- Author, the best-selling Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling, 4th edition 2009, Ultimate Guide to Homeschooling Teens (Apologia, 2010), and Ultimate Homeschool Planning System (Apologia, 2011). Forthcoming Writers-in-Residence, a writing-focused language arts program (Apologia, 2014)
- Ph.D. educational psychology, Temple University.
- Keynote speaker, numerous state and regional conventions and High School @ Home seminars since 1988.
- English teacher, Creative Home Educators Support Services (1994-2008) and PA Homeschoolers’ Online Advance Placement English (2000-2013). www.pahomeschoolers.com.
- Director, Lead Teacher: Aim Academy (aimacademy.co) Launched 2011.
- Founder, Susquehanna Valley Pregnancy Services; co-founder CHESS family school, Learning Center home school co-op and Encore! Home School Productions.